- Please observe silence within the studio doors.
- Never bring a phone into the yoga class.
- Please remove shoes before entering studio.
- If possible, shower before coming to class.
- Practice on an empty stomach, usually at least 2 hours after eating. If you must eat make it something very light, like a piece of fruit.†
- Please bring a yoga mat, at least one towel and water. We have towels and mats to rent and water for sale.
- Try to arrive at least 10 minutes before class starts. However we understand lateness can sometimes be unavoidable, and still welcome you to class. Please enter quietly trying not to be disruptive.
- Let go of your ego and competitive mind-set. Yoga is a great physical exercise that makes the body stronger, more flexible and healthier in every way. But the goal through our yoga practice is to calm the mind, open the heart and grow to be more conscious, compassionate, receptive and present.†
- Keep your eyes on your own practice, as if you were the only person in the room. Stay within yourself.†
- Be gentle and loving to yourself. Accept where you are, your body, and listen to what it tells you. Rest if you need to sometimes. Sit a posture out if necessary. Do your best, thatís it. No experience or flexibility is required.†
- Mention any pre-existing injuries or special conditions to the teacher before class starts, so that she/he can offer you posture modifications.
- The final relaxation and meditation is part of the yoga practice. We encourage you to stay until the class is brought out of this time of integration together.
Sayville Hot Yoga Center on Facebook